What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning uses an exfoliating blade to gently remove the top layers of the skin, erasing dead skin cells and hair from your face. It is a great treatment to decongest and resurface your skin to have it looking smooth, even and soft. The skin regeneration helps to prevent outbreaks of acne, reduce scarring, and minimize the effects of sun damage and debris.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Removes velds hair (peach fuzz), which traps dirt and oils
- Prevents breakouts and acne
- Helps makeup go on smoother
- Better penetration of skincare products
- Reduces the appearance of acne scarring
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Promoted smoother, more radiant skin
- Instant results, no downtime
- “Peach fuzz” facial hair
- Congested skin
- Tired of dull skin
- Acne scarring
- Dry skin
- Sun damage
- Clogged pores
Please take these precautions prior to undergoing a Dermaplaning treatment:
- Keep skin free of makeup on the day of your treatment.
- If you have an active acne flare-up on the day of your treatment, you may need to reschedule to avoid further irritating the acne.
Dermaplaning involved gliding a small sterile blade over the skin at a 45 degree angle, exfoliating dead cells and other pollutants and debris on your skin’s surface to make way for new cell.s This regeneration helps to achieve brighter, more youthful look. The procedure takes about 30 minutes and is not painful. The blade does not cut into the skin.
You are likely.to notice the full results of Dermaplaning within two or three days of your treatment, after the redness has subsided. Results typically last for three to four weeks and the treatment can be performed at regular intervals to maintain results. The fine hairs on your face will grow back within about a month.
Following the treatment it’s important to limit sun exposure, as sun damage can reverse the effects of derma planing and create blotchy pigmentation on your skin. You must protect your face with sunscreen whenever you leave the house in the weeks following your treatment.
- Always wear sunscreen, protective clothing such as a hat, and limit sun exposure.
- When cleansing, do not scrub and use a gentle cleanser.
- Do not peel, pick, or scratch the treated area as this may result in scarring.